Mission Viejo Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Mission Viejo CA
In the past, Mission Viejo’s land was used mostly by farmers as grazing land for their cattle and sheep. The community is named after Rancho Mission Viejo, which was once a 23,000-acre ranch, and on whose area Mission Viejo is now located along with Rancho Santa Margarita, Las Flores, Ladera Ranch, and a habitat reserve.
At a Glance
- Both the Capistrano Unified School District and Saddleback Valley Unified School District serve Mission Viejo.
- Golf enthusiasts can head to Mission Viejo’s three top-notch golf courses: The Mission Viejo Country Club, Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club, and the Casta del Sol Golf Course.
- Lake Mission Viejo is a manmade lake located in the heart of the city. It features waterfront homes, condos, boat rentals, and beaches.
- Nature lovers can go on unforgettable outdoor adventures on the many trails in and around the city. Among these trails are the Arroyo Trabuco Trail, Character Garden Trailhead, Pavion Park Trailhead, and many more.
- Enjoy shopping? Head to The Shops at Mission Viejo. The expansive shopping complex features a great mix of mid-range to upscale tenants that include brands like Abercrombie & Fitch, Gap, Zara, and many more. The mall also features a food court, along with a fantastic selection of restaurants.
If you’re thinking about moving to Mission Viejo, there are plenty of great homes waiting for you. In addition to plenty of excellent condos, apartments, and townhomes, you’ll find cozy two-bedroom bungalows, beautiful Mediterranean-style homes, and charming five-bedroom homes that look out on lush views of the city’s tree-lined neighborhoods and picturesque rolling hills.