Irvine CA Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Irvine CA
These villages found within Irvine come with a comprehensive array of neighborhood amenities, from shopping centers and gorgeous gardens to pools, parks and other centrally located venues where residents can mingle with their neighbors. The town truly lives up to its mission statement: “to create and maintain a community where people can live, work, and play in an environment that is safe, vibrant, and aesthetically pleasing.”
Just one of Irvine’s most appealing features is its abundant open space – the town has more than 20,000 acres of land allotted towards parks and nature preserves, with over 54 miles of bike paths for cyclists to enjoy. The neighborhood is also known for having a top-notch public school system and an altogether safe environment.
A multi-awarded city, Irvine was included in Time magazine’s 2014 list of best places to live and was named as one of the best-run cities in the country by 24/7 Wall Street, while it was hailed as the country’s fifth best city by Businessweek in 2011.
- The town was officially incorporated on December 28, 1971.
- Irvine has a land area of 66.106 square miles and is part of the larger Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana Metro Area.
- As of 2014, Irvine had a recorded population of 213,880 people with a 45% population increase since the year 2000.
- The median cost of residential property in Irvine is at $751,100 as of 2014, a 20% increase compared to home prices in 2013.
- A city with a strong economic backbone, more than a hundred companies have set up their headquarters in Irvine.