Newport Beach CA Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Newport Beach CA
Visited by millions of visitors each year, the population in the area swells to up to 100,000 people a day as tourists flock to the area, most especially during the summer months. The climate in Newport Beach is moderate, with a temperature that rarely varies, which makes the area perfect for a wide array of outdoor activities. In fact, being in Newport Beach promotes a healthy and active lifestyle. There are plenty of great places for leisurely hikes – choose from Newport Beach’s 13 scenic public walking trails located all over the city.
If you’d rather be on your bike, Newport has extensive trails from which you can look out on beautiful ocean views and hills that offer awe-inspiring views of Newport Beach’s shores and canyons. You may refer to the Newport Beach Bike Map to know more about these amazing trails.
There are eight beautiful villages with their own distinct character located within Newport Beach. These communities areBalboa Island, Balboa Peninsula, Corona Del Mar, the Islands of Newport Harbor, Lido Marina Village, Mariner’s Mile, Newport Center (also known as Fashion Island), and Newport Coast.
- As of 2014, Newport Beach had an estimated population of over 87,000 people, with a population growth of more than 24 percent since 2000.
- Home prices have increased 17.90% from 2013 to 2014, with the median cost of homes at $1,578,000 as of 2014.
- Incorporated in 1906, Newport Beach became a charter city in 1954.
- Newport Beach has a land area of 23.805 square miles and an elevation of 3 meters (10 feet).
- Huntington Beach borders Newport Beach on the west, and it’s bounded by Costa Mesa, Irvine and John Wayne Airport on the north, and Crystal Cove State Park on the east.